DISTREE Events has officially announced its 2014 calendar, with six channel events planned around the world, including the debut of DISTREE Africa in June. The full line-up of DISTREE events for 2014 is as follows:
- DISTREE EMEA 2014, 11-14 February, Monaco
- DISTREE Middle East 2014, 20-22 May, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- DISTREE Africa 2014, 17-19 June, East Africa – follow @DISTREE_Africa for event updates
- DISTREE Russia & CIS 2014, 24-26 June, St. Petersburg, Russia
- DISTREE Asia Pacific (APAC) 2014, 8-10 October, Singapore
- DISTREE Brazil & Latin America 2014, 22-24 October, Salvador, Brazil
Delegates attending DISTREE events have the opportunity to attend keynote speeches and panel discussions, participate in interactive workshop sessions, network with their peers and access the latest research on channel trends. Evening functions, new product showcases and channel awards offer participants the widest possible range of business benefits.
The inaugural DISTREE Africa is scheduled to take place in June. According to DISTREE Events, the decision to launch a dedicated DISTREE Africa is in response to high demand from vendors, looking to reach Africa's fast-growing consumer markets for technology products. DISTREE Africa will bring together senior retail executives from across the continent, giving exhibitors an opportunity to map the channel landscape, meet key contacts and expand their African routes-to-market in a structured and cost-effective manner.
The growth of new product categories such as wearable technology and smart devices will form a major focus area at DISTREE events in 2014. Understanding changes to the vendor landscape, building effective multichannel sales strategies and identifying new retail opportunities will all form a core part of the conference programmes attached to each DISTREE event.